Thursday, June 27, 2013

choices

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!  Of course, you know I speak of my morning run!  The body beautiful objected to the early hour, the humidity, the weak ankles, the sore knees, the aging hips, the difficult breathing...well you get the picture.  However, it was a time to contemplate, and this AM, my mind went to the fortuitous choices I have made. 
First, I chose to be born into a family that supported and encouraged me.  More importantly, I chose to adopt their tenets of life:
     If you love someone, tell them. 
     Everyone deserves your respect until they show you differently--it is not earned, it is lost.
     A sense of humor solves more problems than a sense of disgust or self pity.
Second, I chose a career that allowed me to teach:
     If you love someone, tell them.
     Everyone deserves your respect until they show you differently--it is not earned, it is lost.
     A sense of humor solves more problems than a sense of disgust or self pity.
Third, I chose a life partner that always:
     Tells me she loves me
     Respects everyone
     Laughs at my jokes (moaning is a form of laughter, right?) occasionally and finds the positive
     aspect to a situation.
Fourth, I chose to retire at 55 so I could get up at oh-dark-thirty to subject the body beautiful to terrible things and remind me how darn lucky I have been!  We are the sum of our choices, and while I know there have been a few lulu's, I'm still way over my quota for luck!  Guess the best of times wins again!  Know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment