Thursday, August 1, 2013

To the athletes

Those if you who know me understand the extent of my athletic prowess.  In high school, I was known as the biggest athletic supporter on campus!  I didn't play sports.  The only time I saw sports was when I played in the pep band, and then I never knew the results of the games because I left at half time.  You also know I am married to a wonderful woman who knows more about sports than most people I encounter.  In this case opposites did attract.  We have a man cave and a woman cave. Movies can be seen in the man cave.  (Along with the curtains I made!  Not many men can say that--and I'm sure that doesn't upset them!!). Anything that bounces, or is thrown, or in some cases is hit by a broom can be seen in the woman cave.  Somehow, it works for us.  Now to the point.  Today, we went to the Target field and watched a Twins game with great friends.  They lost.  I watched!  To me, it really didn't matter.  What did matter was that we got to spend time with some very dear friends, and that made the day a success!  We told old jokes.  We sweat like pigs.  We met new people.  And two of the ladies got their picture taken with Tony Oliva!  It was a GREAT afternoon (especially since when we came home I won the croquet game--an athletic achievement unparalleled in recent knowledge!). The point is this.  It really doesn't matter if you're an athlete or a supporter.  It really doesn't matter whether you win or lose.  What matters is with whom you choose to watch or play.  We only get one chance at this life, so that choice is very important.  I probably will continue to be chosen last when teams are picked (which would be a wise choice by the pickers).  But because of the choices I have made for friends and lover, I will always be a winner!  May you be able to say the same, and know always that you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment