Sunday, April 13, 2014

Family--the reprise

I warned Sioux City!  We are now home, and it was an amazing weekend!  A reminder of the import of family, and as I suggested, mine is truly unique.  You might remember there are only two of us...my sister and me.  But what we lack in size, we make up for in exuberance.  Growing up we were polar opposites, and more than once she would have preferred a hole had opened up and swallowed me whole!  And I admit, I may have at times given her reason.  But somehow we managed to survive.  She married and had three children.  I married and had 14000!  But she got to keep hers.  I sent mine home to their parents every night.  Each of the three (two nephews and a niece, chronologically speaking) is as unique as their mother.  The eldest has a heart of gold, and three beautiful children of his own.  His significant other is a beautiful lady with a nurturing soul.  The kids are bright, fun loving, and extremely caring!  Love all of them.  Middle child...policeman and at times, my mini-clone.  When he is not pantsing his uncle in the K-Mart parking lot, he is lovingly caring for his blended family--a wife who is an amazing educator and their two talented and gorgeous daughters.  Finally, the youngest...a most entertaining young lady with two of the most darling young boys you will meet.  One never knows what to expect from this dynamo, but she gives love as if it were an endless commodity...and for her, it is.  Put us all together for a weekend, and the noise level matches the zest for life.  We are not perfect.  We at times are not couth.  But we are always a family that loves and cares for each other, and that, in the end, is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment