Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's called an Amarine

As I understand it, you are looking at a flower that has only been imported into the United States for the lasts two weeks.  It is a cross between an amaryllis and a nerine, both native to South Africa.  When we got them, each stalk had one flower.  As they develop, they actually produce multiple flowers on each stalk, turning what seems to be a simple bloom into a sphere of color.  Watching them develop has already been an experience.  Isn't it amazing what can happen when you take one beautiful thing and cross it with another?  To me, it's sort of like attitude.  It is my belief that attitude is both infectious and contagious.  When I meet someone is a good mood, I feel buoyant...lighter than before meeting them.  When I meet someone with a crappy attitude, I do my best not the catch it.  I'm usually successful, but....  How much better, fuller, and prettier life would be if I maintained a positive attitude and CHOSE to surround myself with like people!  So it is with all of us.  I understand that life is not always rosy.  Sometimes you are the statute and sometimes you are the pigeon, but we can CHOOSE to avoid sinking into the poop!  Hows that for a Sunday philosophy?  And if nothing else, you got to see a rare and beautiful thing!  Ain't life grand?  And you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment