Friday, September 19, 2014

Funerals

As I get older, there are more and more!  Go figure.  And every time I attend one, I realize they are needed by some for closure.  Me?  Not so much.  When someone I love dies, a part of me goes with them.  While I love hearing and singing Amazing Grace and pretty much all the usual funeral songs, I am quite sure they won't do it for me.  I'm thinking "Running Bear", with a rousing back up of "um pah pah pah!"  There probably should be adult beverages involved, and if anyone suggests that any part of my remains should be buried, I'm coming back, and that WON'T be a pretty sight.  Cardboard box...cremains...someone sitting on the back of a convertible...let the wind do it's thing.  Or maybe, the back of a speedboat cutting across the waves.  It's always been a wish of mine.  Let me fly!  Then find a place to sit around and tell off-colored jokes and laugh (you'll feel better and you'll be healthier!).  And if you must find closure, look up into the sky and utter the only epitaph that would make me smile.  "I miss him."  Hopefully, it will be a long time in coming!  Enjoy every single minute, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment