Saturday, October 25, 2014

Rechargable batteries

I have always been enamored with rechargeable batteries.  The very thought that you could use things up. regenerate them and use them again seems almost impossible.  And yet, my camera is working, even though those self-same energy sources were completely depleted only yesterday.  Miraculous!  If it works for batteries, why not for human beings?  And you know what?  It does.  Don't get me wrong. At the end of a long day, I don't plug myself in and recharge.  It happens all day long.  When I have the opportunity to spend time with friends...recharge.  When I remember how lucky I am to have mi esposa...recharge.  When I see someone do something nice for someone else and expect nothing in return...recharge.  When I take time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us...recharge.  When a former student says thanks...turbo charge!  All I have to do is plug in to my surroundings, and I'm ready to take more pictures.  I understand that rechargeable batteries will eventually lose their ability to regenerate.  When that happens, I'll get new ones.  And when my internal batteries refuse to regenerate, I think I'll probably leave for a while...and come back...I've always wanted to be a standard poodle!  Sleek!  Classy!  But please, no haircuts!  Rejuvenate when you can, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment