Sunday, March 29, 2015

privilege:

noun.  That which provides joy and pride.  We had the privilege this morning to share breakfast with a former student and her family.  The student?  Well lets just say it was a few years ago.  We've kept in touch due to what I see as a mutual respect syndrome.  Teachers NEVER have favorites.  She was one of those things I should never do!  Imagine my glee to spend time with her, her husband, and their two daughters (unfortunately, their son was already back in college...will save that privilege for later!).  What a DELIGHT!  The young ladies were enchanting, engaging, and warm.  Their relationship was fun--with each other and their mother.  Time passed way too quickly, we said our goodbyes, and another memory is added to the album.  A good memory.  A very good memory. 
We were never monetarily rewarded for the work we did.  We were paid.  We managed.  But rewarded?  Nah!  However, there are different kinds of rewards, and this morning was one of them!  So...M and H...should you ever get here, thanks for showing me I was right about your mom.  She is a person of character, charm, and graciousness...and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  I loved my job.  The love the residuals.   And I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment