Monday, June 29, 2015

It's all a matter of position

Old age is marvelous.  I have found myself in better shape than I have ever been.  Actually, to be more accurate, I have found myself in different shapes than I ever have been.  I have this bursitis in my knee.  It's a strange duck.  When I'm actually involved in walking, etc., I don't notice it.  However, when I am at rest, it is not.  Thus, I have to periodically be sure that it has been shifted to avoid pain and agony.  Then there's this pain in my shoulder.  Makes the bursitis look and feel normal.  When I am at rest, the arm naturally dangles at my side.  Pain.  To relieve the pain, I have to move it so that it is at least horizontal to my vertical torso.  So over my head it goes.  Should you see me in bed, you would say to yourself, my god, that man is limber.  Look at how he lays there.  In truth, it's all about pain reduction.  Now, let's talk about getting up after sleeping.  Or let's not!  Truthfully, I revel in the aches and pains.  A) they mean I'm alive, and B) they remind me how lucky I am!  Oh, and C)  God bless Advil.  And you!

No comments:

Post a Comment