Monday, February 22, 2016

Life is like a book...

unless you travel, you're always on the same page.  That's what it said in a book store in Nova Scotia.  I tend to agree.  To that end, we are turning yet another page on Wednesday, as we head for the islands of Maui and Lanai to hike.  The prelude to travel always amazes me.  What shall I pack?  What can I unpack?  Will I need the Immodium?  Will I need the XLAX?  Pack the Advil.  Don't forget the Tums.  An extra pair of undies makes sense (especially at this age!)  Now understand, this happens for me about 1-2 weeks before we go.  There's that inner child that gets so excited to go new places and do new things.  I enjoy him! 
This trip "requires" me to break out the Hawaiian shirts.  Everyone knows a man my age has Hawaiian shirts.  It is a rite of passage into Y Chromosomal dotage.  I went shopping (in the totes in the shed).  I was successful.  In fact, as I sit here, I am wearing one and looking at seven of them hanging on the line.  Here's the frightening thing.  I have already packed the eight I am taking along!  Knowing me is to know nothing succeeds like excess. 
Before we go, the hairs need to be cut, batteries need to be purchased, money needs to be arranged, and I probably should take a Valium!  Sleep?  Well, that's really iffy.  We'll see.  I'm just glad our reading assignment is growing!  Know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment