Saturday, September 7, 2013

from the man cave!

 

Yes indeed.  Technology and little Billy have come to an accord.  I am now the owner of an I-pad Mini and a full size roll up Blue-tooth keypad!  This 21st century stuff is really kind of fun!  Now all I have to do is figure out how to use the thing.  Easy, you say?  Well, let me put things in perspective.  When we got home from the store last night I immediately wanted to be sure the little devil was fully charged, so I take out the cord and the plug  Now, I'm advanced enough to know the plug goes in the wall.  But there's this lightning adapter thing that goes into the I-pad.  Sure it does  If you know where to put it.  I search for the connection.  Cath searches for the connection.  It's hidden.  It's been a long day.  I'm tired.  I am willing to admit defeat.  So I put it down and pretend it doesn't bother me that I can't even plug the darn thing in.  That lasts about 25 seconds.  I will not let a piece of equipment get the best of me, I Google how to plug it in.  Let me tell you, there are hundreds of articles about how much power an I-pad mini has and all the things it has to offer!  NONE of them says how to power the devil up.  After 20 minutes of searching, I mistake upon a diagram that shows the different parts of the mini.  Voila--there it is--right where it should be.  I even figured out how to charge the key-pad.  I can now go to sleep assured that in the morning, I will be ready to go.  Morning comes.  The I-pad is charged.  I get to move on to the next challenge.  Aps!  Now understand, my flip phone doesn't do aps!  And there are a lot of them!  I could be looking at aps for the next thirty years.  I never have to leave home again!  I think I even found a bathroom ap!  Maybe not.  Anyhoo, here I sit in my man cave with the television playing oldies, the roofers next door running the air compressor so I can barely hear the oldies, realizing that you can teach an old dog new tricks.  It just takes a while!  If you need me in the next few days, you'll know where to find me!  Heck, just e me!  My Mini will let me know!  Oh, and the ezbz ap says to tell you you are loved!

1 comment: