Friday, September 20, 2013

It's late

For those of you unaccustomed to the lateness of the hour, I apologize!  It's now about 21 minutes past my bedtime (which is two hours and 21 minutes past the time I usually fall asleep!, but that's a different story!)  It was an interesting day--one of those where nothing goes the way you thought it would?!  For example, I was up early to bake a pie.  Okay, I lied.  That went the way I had envisioned it.  And it was good!  Then I had to go to the grocery store to pick up items for salad for supper, only to discover when I got home, I had forgotten the onion.  Okay.  Out to the garden for one of our own.  Have I mentioned our two dogs?  Apparently, their waste production was exceptional yesterday, and I found one of the land mines on the way out.  Crap!  (And I do mean that literally).  I had visions of spending the noon-hour cleaning the kitchen, but the neighbor decided to buy me lunch (a nice non-planned event).  Just before I left, Cath got home from walking and had hurt her knee.  She had a meeting to go to, so off she goes and off I go.  When I get home, she's in significant pain.  (I'm still amazed how willingly I put up with my own pain but feel badly when she hurts!)  Off to the doctor for a 2 1/2 hour visit.  No time to vacuum for company coming.  Only time to scrub the kitchen floor and hope that everything is done when the company gets here for supper.  They came a little early.  But I WAS ready!  There's another thing that went as planned.  We enjoyed our time together immensely (well, when Cath wasn't in significant pain with her knee!)  Friends have a way of making everything better!  Now, the dishes are done and put away, Cath is nursing her knee and a glass of wine, and I'm trying not to break the toothpicks that are holding my eyelids open.  All in all, the best laid plans gang aft aglae!  Or something like that, Bobby Burns!  My all your unusuals be as minimal as mine and may you always know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment