Friday, January 17, 2014

Energizer

So.  I'm sitting here at the computer, look down on the desk, and see an Energizer battery, rechargeable.  It strikes me that human beings must have similar energy sources.  We go and go and go until we run down, and then we need to find a way to recharge the battery.  For some, it's travel.  For some, it's reading.  For some, it's quiet.  But we all need that boost (and I so do hate sticking my finger into an electrical socket!).  After a night of sick puppy, I find myself in need.  I would tell you there's nothing quite as sleep depriving as a dog with diarrhea, but I don't know how to spell it, so I will simply say, it's the poops!  Don't tell anyone.  Sh! It happens.  (Oh how I worked to get that in!)  The good news is, there's sun.  Sun does amazing things to my mood.  I ran.  Feeling virtuous does amazing things to my mood.  I'm about to take a shower.  Another plus.  But most importantly, I had a cold slice of pizza for starters at breakfast, and if that doesn't boost someone's energy, I'm not sure what will.  The world is a little brighter than it was at 3:00 am, up for the fifth time.  And when all else fails, there's always the nap!  While energy may flag, it will never ebb to the point that I don't appreciate you.  Tiredly, but totally, you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment