Thursday, February 6, 2014

homoymns, synonyms, and antonyms, oh my!

Weight...Wait.  I have never had a handle on either of these.  The epitome of Duncan toys has nothing on my avoirdupois over the last years of my life.  Understand, from college graduation onward, I had enjoyed the 70 pounds I had gained while working at the snack bar in college.  I carried it well (or so I tell myself).  Then, the spirit took me and I quit smoking and lost 70 pounds.  Put it back on.  Lost 65 pounds.  Put it back on.  Lost 75 pounds.  Have been inching up again.  This time, I've decided to attempt to nip the full monty gain more quickly.  For those of you who haven't caught it yet, I'm dieting again!  But here's the thing.  I can't wait until I can eat bread and potatoes again.  And I can't wait for my body to decide it would rather be healthily thinner than comfortably fatter.  But I guess I shall.

Stubborn...German.  The reason I think I can lose the inches I have found.  Miss Loosewheel used to say that if I got up in the morning determined to do something, before I went to bed that night, I would have done it, come Helen Highwater (I think that's what she said.  My mother never would have said hell...oh wait, yes she would have!).  Besides which, we are going to Florida in two and a half weeks and I want to look good in my bathing suit.  Okay, I want to be able to wear my bathing suit without causing uproariously laughter.  Okay, I actually want to be able to walk on the beach in my bathing suit without Captain Ahab harpooning me and celebrating his final victory!  And so it is written, and so it shall be done!

Love...Hate.  I hate dieting.  I love eating.  I hate gaining weight.  I love losing weight.  I hate that I have to assuage my desire for pie with low carb cole slaw.  I love that I have found an amazing recipe for low carb cole slaw!  Can you tell it's lunchtime?

Here it is in a nutshell.  Waiting is over.  The weight comes off.  Teutonically speaking, I shall eschew carbs until Florida.  And for what it's worth, I hate the fact that Duncan ever invented the yo yo to describe my shape, but I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment