Friday, February 21, 2014

In retrospect

When I started my web page, oh so many years ago, I started jotting down truisms to share.  As with most things, that excellent idea quickly dissipated and eventually faded away.  As I was looking for a recipe for dessert tonight, I decided to revisit some of those thoughts, and one stood out to me.  "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything...they just make the most of everything that comes their way."  I get to talk to another group of South Dakota national guardsmen this weekend, and I will tell them my primary belief...we are/become the sum of our choices!  How we choose to react to what comes our way governs the heights to which we will ascend.  We should not covet that which does not come to us.  Develop that which does into a positive place to be.  This may be Pollyannaish (but if you are a frequent reader, you know that is what I am!),  but with work and willingness, I believe it is attainable.  How's that for a Philosophical Phriday?  Of course I hope all things that come your way are positive!  Let me start the trend.  Today, what comes to you is my love.  Do with it as you will.  In the best scenario, you will pass it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment