Friday, August 29, 2014

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Question.  Does anyone want cherry tomatoes?  Apparently, buying a six pack seemed like a good idea at the time.  After all, they/re such little things, they can't be a problem.  Unless of course, they all start to ripen at a time you are gone for a week.  And you can only eat so many while picking.  And there are enough for the neighborhood to eat for a week.  And there are still as many on the plants.  And oh crap!  Couple that with the fact that all the tomatoes decided to ripen at exactly the same time, so it was pick, blanch, peel, boil, and bag.  I know that I love tomatoes fresh from the vine.  I know that sometime in December when I want to pop a little tomato in my mouth I will regret writing this.  But today?  Not so much!  Enjoy the good things while you can, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment