Sunday, August 3, 2014

Summer...cold

There are inconsistencies in life!  Some call it Karma.  Some call it luck.  Some refer to it as the giant roulette wheel in the sky.  Me?  Well, I just pray to god I don't get what I deserve.  That being said, Mother Nature has a little surprise for me.  A summer cold.  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and all I want to do is sit on the davenport and feel sorry for myself.  Well, that's not totally true.  I want to sit on the davenport, feel sorry for myself, and have Cathy wait on me!  We men are such animals when it comes to handling crap like this.  I cough.  I snot.  I swear.  Yeah, I know it will get better.  Yeah, I know I should suffer in silence.  Yeah, I know that breathing through clogged sinuses is better than not breathing.  These things I know.  But it's just not fair that it happened to me!  Now understand, I just heard EVERY student I ever had inhale deeply and say, "whoever said life was supposed to be fair?"  (Sometimes those bon mots come back and bit you in the butt!). And they're right.  So I shall take my drugs, force fluids, sleep when I can, and whine like the sniveling baby I am!  Take care of you and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment