Sunday, August 31, 2014

Priorities

Sometimes I suffer from tunnel vision.  I get so caught up in a task that it becomes a driving force.  If I don't get it done, and done now, the world will surely come to an end.  It is both a blessing and a curse.  Blessing?  If I said I would do it, I do.  Curse?  I forget there may be others whose priorities I completely ignore.  If it's true that misery loves company, I think this is not a unique affliction.  To a degree, we all find ourselves tunneling.  Well, maybe with the exception of Mother Theresa, but there has to be an exception to prove the rule. Right?  The impact is usually an unintended slight to the person ignored.  If you have heard me speak, you know I speak to the issue of failure, and the fact that no one can travel backward to undo a wrong.  We can seek forgiveness, we can learn from it, and we must move on.  And with any luck at all, the light at the end of the tunnel will be a little more awareness!  Just a Sunday thought from someone who loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment