Friday, November 14, 2014

It was the weather

Everything else is blamed on the weather.  It was too hot.  It was too cold.  It was too windy.  It was too moist.  It was too dry.  Choose one.  Any one.  That's the reason I didn't blog yesterday!  Truth is, with everything that we did yesterday, I just plain forgot.  Until 3:00 am this morning.  Then, as the dog and I did what old dogs do in the middle of the night (sorry about the visual), I remembered.  And thought about writing.  And promptly said to myself, it's 3:00 am.  Go back to sleep.  So I did.  But not until a title for a blog passed through my head.  This, I can remember.  So before it slips into the nether regions of my minimalistic gray matter, here it is.  I celebrate the right to write.  I have always loved manipulating words.  It doesn't mean I'm good at it.  It means that I love to play.  There's something about the cadence of pairing certain words that strikes a chord in the rhythmic learning section of my brain.  There's something deeply satisfying in those rare occurrences that I find just the right combinations.  And there's something real about putting them on paper.  So I write.  And you, thank god...you read.  So for those of you who even realized I was absent yesterday, thank you!  And for those of you who could care less, thank you!  (You are reading this now, aren't you?!)  And "weather" or not you believe it, perhaps the best juxtaposition of words is this.  You.  Are.  Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment