Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mess...my kitchen is a mess.

And it is a good feeling!  It means I have accomplished something.  The pumpkin pecan pies are in the oven.  The cranberries are macerating in the refrigerator (frisky little devils that they are!).  The coffee is on the timer, and the kitchen upstairs has been cleaned of the turkey, potatoes, gravy, and dressing residue created by pre-preparing tomorrow's dinner today.  Cath has beautifully set the two tables and as soon as the pies are done, mama in her kerchief and I in my cap will settle right in for a long winter's nap.  Oops, I just jumped a holiday.  Sorry about that.  The paper with the Black Friday ads has come and gone...I refused to look at them.  There is absolutely nothing in the world that I need, much less to shop for on Thanksgiving day or rise early on Friday.  No temptation = no temptation!  In short, let the feasting day occur!  And know the answer to the question, "For what am I thankful?", is you!

No comments:

Post a Comment