Monday, August 24, 2015

Blue

As I was walking home from my presentation this morning, my eyes were drawn heavenward to the most beautiful shade of blue.  There is no place in the world that can outdo the clear morning blue skies of eastern South Dakota.  And I started thinking.  The very nature of the sky boosted my spirits and raised my expectations of positive things for the day.  Why, then, when someone is sad, is it said they are blue?  It just doesn't make sense to me, so I have a new campaign.  Let's change the connotation of blue.  From now on, when I'm sad, I believe I shall say I'm puce.  Puce seems much better.  How about it?  Will you join my movement?  Or will I have to be puce all by myself?  All I know is I shall never be sad blue again!  This is my belief, and I shall adhere to it...as long as I remember it!  Celebrate the positive blue, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment