Friday, August 21, 2015

If ya ain't been yet...

Ya gotta go!
Rules were made to be broken.  If a blogger expects to attract a wide and varied audience, he should write about universals...those things that can pertain to "Everyman!".  If that's what you need, then you can quit here, because this doesn't!  We just came home from Twin Brooks, SD, and an amazing place called The Bird Feeder.  Carol, the owner is amazing.  The cooks are amazing.  The servers are amazing.  The experience is amazing.  And another amazing thing?  I think this even though this wasn't our "first rodeo!"  We've enjoyed the dining experience before.  Several times.  And each time, the food is fantastic.  Each time the prices are outrageously reasonable.  And each time, I swear I will never eat that much at one sitting again.  But I do.  I'm seduced by the "bird seed" that starts the meal.  I'm enticed by the freshly prepared soup and bread.  I'm taken in by the salad and home built dressing.  And by the time the main course arrives, I'm ready to be done.  But I'm not.  The variety of food is refreshing.  And those champagne grapes....  Of course, there's dessert.  And I eat it.  Tonight, it was a lemon curd on graham cracker crust, a tiramisu cup cake, and a scoop of chocolate gelato on a home made cookie.  Just before we left home, I had to repair the drawstring in my elastic waist pants.  On the way home, I had to untie the drawstring in my elastic waist pants.  And pray that the elastic had enough elasticity! 
Hopefully by now you are ready to make your reservation.  Do so.  She does lunch on Monday-Thursday and supper Friday and Saturday.  It's worth the drive.  It's worth the wait.  And it's worth the girth!  For what it's worth, we're scheduled to go again next week.  I believe I shall fast until then.  Or not! 

2 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful place to eat and I have reservations for next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful place to eat and I have reservations for next weekend!

    ReplyDelete