Sunday, December 1, 2013

It's all good

As I sit in the front porch (heated, in case you were worried) and contemplate the universe as it unfolds, I am reminded of three things.  One--for the most part, what it has planned will little be impacted by my wishes!  As my new mantra says, it is what it is.  Two--I can control my reaction to those events, and with any luck, Pollyanna Zubke will be able to find something positive in each occurrence.  Sometimes, it's a long stretch.  For example our good friend who was fighting cancer recently lost the battle.  She was only 60.  I've written about her before, but now that she's gone, I struggle with the positive.  But, and here's the reason I sit in the front porch contemplatively on occasion, an answer just hit me over the head.  By her example, she encourages me to be a better person...to serve others...to complain less, and to enjoy every day.  Do I wish she were still alive?  Of course.  But her death continues to teach lessons I need to learn!  Three--I can't do anything alone.  We are all connected, and I need to recognize the positive impact made by the people with whom I choose to spend my time.  While I can...you are appreciated and loved!  Now Simon Says (Simon is Pollyanna's mentor!)...go tell those who fall into this category they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment