Monday, December 9, 2013

I'm amazed

So...I'm flipping the channels checking out the late night offerings. ( Okay, it's 10:20 but that's late for me!) when I come across an HBO offering of boxing.  Now, this may surprise you, but I'm not a real fan of the sweet science of fisticuffs, but I am mesmerized by the boxing apparel!  One boxer wears lime green trunks...with matching gloves!  His opponent has shiny lavender (lilac? Mauve) trunks and red gloves.  At the start of each round, (yes, I was so astounded I watched more than one round) a series of spotlights from above the squared circle project patterns of light on the canvas.  At the end of the round, there is a veritable light show.  And I just noticed...the lime green trunked individual also has a lime green mouthpiece.  Apparently, the rule against hitting below the belt still is in play, because each boxer has the top of his trunks immediately below his chest!  Even I as an older gentleman don't wear my pants that high!  And they say there's nothing to watch on tv.  Time to flip on by.  With any luck at all, there might be a movie on I haven't seen!  Or of course, there's always the inside of my eyelids to watch!  Know you are lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment