Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wick? What wick?

At times, we have bee accused of burning the candle at both ends.  I must say, you get twice the light that way, but when you get to the middle, oh my!  It is one of those weeks...convention Monday through Wednesday followed by a bridge date Wednesday evening; retired teachers' meeting this morning with fresh made carrot and walnut muffins followed by another bridge club tonight, and a flying trip to Omaha to see a production of "Wicked" this weekend.  Sandwiched in there was a trip to the dentist to discover I need to have one fewer tooth than I now have!  As a result, we're kind of shell shocked and wandering around with that glazed look in our eyes.  But you know what?  We do these things out of choice!  And busy is a better B than bored!  So we'll redip the candle tomorrow (right now, a day off!) to add more wax, maybe temporarily extinguish one end, and prepare for the next onslaught!  Resiliently, I would remind you that you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. I did not realize they were YOUR muffins. Delish, of course, as one would expect. Gracious of you to add to our morning culinary options. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete