Thursday, May 21, 2015

Reflections on "the theater"

  1. "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts..." 
    Give credit where credit is due, I always say.  Or is it, take credit whenever you can? I get confused some times.  Anyhow, the statement is pure B.S. (That would be how many of us referred to Bill Shakespeare during my summer incarceration in Jerry Ipolito's class some 44 years ago!)  Why bring it up now, you ask?  Well, I'm embarking once again onto the stage to offer direction to the Drama Study Club, who will be doing a production this summer of THE WOMEN, by Claire Booth Luce.  Great show.  Great women.  Great reminder of times gone by, when acting, scene design, and directing were my path in life.  I was obviously, at least in my mind, the next Orson Wells.  I was going to make my way in the world doing all things dramatic.  Then I student taught...and exit that thought.  Enter the most wonderful experiences that could be imagined.  No regrets.  None.  And now, the chance to revisit my youthful role!  Life is good.  And so have the parts I've been offered.  
    And now, to sleep, perchance to dream...
    Know you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the production! I hope I am in town when it is ready for the audiences.

    ReplyDelete