Sunday, May 17, 2015

technical writers needed

In an amazingly foolish ego trip, we purchased two things yesterday at Menards that needed assembly.  Two.  After two hours of frustration, a concentrated deluge of language of which Miss Loosewheel would not approve, and a constant questioning of who allowed the sadist to write the directions, we have a outdoor utility cart put together, with all the pieces being used...somewhere.  One Masters degree in communication;  one BS (I know, I know...appropriate!) degree in English...and between us, we were flummoxed.  We usually can make heads or tails out of directions if there are pictures.  There were pictures.  I'm convinced that the photographer was the Marquis de Sade's mentor.  I usually revel in conquering such a project.  After all, I refuse to share my mechanical reasoning score on the ACT.  Suffice it to say, if it were a child, it would have acne and probably be entering high school!  Ept, I am not when it comes to such things.  Ergo, the reveling.  Today, it's just shake the head and wonder how I can be so stupid!  Oh yeah, and of course, there's the second thing waiting!  Imagine the vocabulary that will prompt!
May your "put together" moments be well explained, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment