Tuesday, December 23, 2014

'Twas the night before the night before Christmas

For darn close to 65 years, the anticipation of Christmas has lifted my mood, excited my psyche, and, at a younger age, caused me to bounce off the walls.  There's just something about food and friends and paper and bows and good will that get me.  (English teachers out there, I dare you to count the inappropriate number of ands!)  Tomorrow I shall bake buns in the morning, go to church with Aunt Edith and Cath in the afternoon, and head out to Cath and Chris's for supper.  Christmas day will see us in the car, headed to Ipswich to spend the day with my sister and part of her family.  It will be the first Christmas in a long time that we have just enjoyed the labors of others!  For some reason, it doesn't seem right, but I really am planning on enjoying it!  Good food, good conversation, and good people.  That part seems amazingly right!  So, as you prepare to prepare for your holiday festivities, allow us to wish you a very happy holiday.  Celebrate the love you have and the love we send to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment