Monday, January 12, 2015

Helpless

Having never had kids, I have to take on faith the discomfort parents feel when their little child is sick.  Unable to communicate the problem, the parental units have to observe, judge, and pray.  As a dog owner, I feel the same frustration.  Rocci, our almost 17 year old, didn't have a good day.  When I went to pick her up, she literally screamed.  When I put her down, she seemed okay...until we got home this afternoon.  Then I picked her up again and the screaming ensued...even after I put her back down.  Off to the vet.  No screaming.  She did leave a gigantic deposit on the scale, however.  Seems as she has no problem communicating her feelings of going to the vet.  Anyhow, during the entire time we are there, she makes not a peep.  Prodded, poked, and manipulated.  Nothing.  Our vet, who walks on water as far as I am concerned, said she may have some muscle weakness, but her temp was fine and she didn't seem to be in pain.  However, he did suggest she may scream again when she got home.  She was good...until the treat.  Scream.  After that, however, she has been relatively quiet.  I want her to tell me what hurts.  I want to make it better.  So I will observe, and judge...and pray.  It's what's left to do!  Know you are loved

No comments:

Post a Comment