Friday, January 30, 2015

The heartbreak of...

It's that time of the year.  If you are mature (at least calendrically) you understand of what I speak.  From my ankles to my nose, I itch.  The dry weather incites in my skin a need to be touched, preferably with fingernails...over and over until I grow weary, or I start to bleed.  And let's face it.  When it comes to forebearance, I suck!  So I scratch...and regret...and scratch again.  What's that, you say?  Try lotion?  I have.  And it works, but sometimes I'm just not lotion available.  So I scratch.  I could of course sublimate.  I could eat.  But that only increases the amount of skin to scratch.  So I'm doomed.  Alas.  But like all impossible maladies, this too shall pass.  Winter shall turn into spring.  Spring shall turn into summer.  And summer my skin succumbs to the humidity, and I quit scratching.  Unless...let's just learn to live with it.  You scratch my back and I'm scratch my back!  But you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment