Friday, January 16, 2015

Where is love?

If you have seen the musical "Oliver", you will recognize this lyric.  If you haven't?  No worries.  This epistle will still make little or no sense, but it is what it is!  Consider for a moment, the things/people that you "love".
For instance, I literally love fried chicken.  I love to cook and bake.  I love flowers.  On the people side, I love my wife.  I love my family.  I love my friends.  For me, love is all around, and it only takes a breath to see something/someone to remind me of its power.  As I was coming in from feeding the obese vermin that lives in our back yard (see also, Penstemon eating rabbit), I again observed the orchid we had received from a dear friend three years ago for our birthdays.  A two-fer in terms of love---flower and friend.  Since I think it is miraculous that it is blooming again, I ran for my camera.  (Okay, I ambled, but ran sounds so much more athletic.)  Looking for just the right shot, I closed in on the center of the bloom.  Now understand, close-ups are a real challenge when tremors are part of your daily life.  It took a few tries, but eventually I got what I was looking for.  The background is actually the petals of the bloom.  The throat (what you see above) is amazingly partitioned, and full of varietal colors.  It wasn't until I brought the picture up on the screen that I noticed.  If you look very carefully (and with the eye of a romantic), you will see a white heart at the top of the picture.  Sometimes, you have to be very still and very close to discover the love!  But no matter the distance, it comes from me to you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment