Monday, July 27, 2015

It has to be the drugs!

Nope!  I don't understand it.  I can't explain it.  But almost every day I wake up happy--excited to see what the day has to bring.  Some call it a sickness.  One can obviously be too perky!  But oh, how I am thankful for whatever the cause.  I just can't imagine not being able to find the good.  I often say to the love of my life, "Look at the person.  Life can't be that bad.  The least they could do is smile in return."  She does an amazing job of being married to Pollyanna.  She explains to me that some people don't smile naturally.  Some people literally have nothing about which to smile.  Not everyone is as lucky as we.  And she is right.  To a point.  I don't need a chorus of zip-a-dee-doo-dah.  I don't need a glad hand and a laugh.  But a smile is a choice--and the more we choose it the easier it becomes.  I'll be happy to give you one of mine...because you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment