Wednesday, July 22, 2015

It's all about the filling

Every once in a while, I come across a new cookie I just have to try.  Such was the case today.  Actually, I saw the recipe a few days ago and today was the first opportunity to try.  I bought the ingredients.  I mixed the cookie dough.  I baked the cookies.  They were fine.  (Of course I tasted one!)  But then, I mixed up the filling.  Oh my!  Peanut butter, vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar.  Smear it on one cookie.  Place another over the top.  Now, we have COOKIE!  Delicious (but one is plenty!)  They're a little large.  They're a little calorie laden.  They're a little putsy.  But they're a lot good.  You know, of course, there is a point here, right?  While the cookie was good, what was on the inside made them fantastic.  So it is with us.  Different visages, different fillings, but it's not the outside that makes us special.  Know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment