Thursday, July 16, 2015

Something different

I admit it.  I am a foodie.  I like to cook.  I love to eat.  And I find that I am indeed limited in the choices I have to try new things.  Burgers.  Chicken.  Barbecue.  All good.  All appreciated.  But different?  I thought I was doomed to Ground Hog Day my way through eating out.  Then we stopped at the Market Place cafe for lunch.  Egads.  Different things.  Not your ordinary burgers.  Chicken fixed a different way.  And I assume their barbecue is good.  I had the marinated chicken breast with the Thai peanut sauce, Asian slaw and chopped peanuts on a beautifully toasted bun hinting of Parmesan and mayo.  It was darn good.  Cathy had the Portabella (I looked up the spelling.  I found it ended with either an a or an o!  Darn that English language!  :)) mushroom and roasted vegie sandwich.  Also, amazing.  There were several things on the menu that I hadn't seen in Watertown.  While the setting is indeed inside the Hy-Vee grocery story (who, I must admit, hires me to do cooking demonstrations so I have a vested interest!), the food outweighs any negative that implies.  Fancy, schmancy, it ain't.  Clean?  Comfortable?  It is.  When you're looking to do lunch, give it a try.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised. And if you're feeling just a little reckless, try the Thai chicken sandwich.  You'll know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment