Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Flashing on Miss Lucy

They're working in the kitchen--painting, fixing the ceiling--all the things we worked for all our lives to pay someone else to do!  As a result, the fudge making has shifted to the kitchen in the basement.  Everything upstairs is available downstairs in terms of equipment.  I was somewhat limited to flavors of fudge by the fact that almost all the flavorings reside in a cupboard upstairs.  So we have female chocolate, Butterfinger, almond, and blueberry(!).  Totally acceptable.  But I just poured the last batch in the pan and tried to find a place to set the kettle to be washed.  No surprise, there was no cupboard space.  You see, Miss Lucy believed that if a spoon, a pot, a utensil could be used while cooking, it SHOULD be used while cooking.  I have yet to meet someone who could outdo the number of items used to prepare a meal.  I could have gotten her compassion.  I could have gotten her wit.  I definitely got her tremors.  And even more definitely, based on observation, I got her cooking preparation skills.  Holy crap.  I didn't know I had that many pots, pans, measuring devices, spoons, spatulas and assorted paraphernalia.  I do!  And I'm sitting over here typing this rather than cleaning them up.  Come to think of it, I could have also inherited her need to clean, but alas, the gene pool ran dry there!

No comments:

Post a Comment