Thursday, October 8, 2015

In a perfect world,

I would be sveldt, built, and urbane.  I'm not.  I'm not.  And I'm not.
Gas would stay at one reasonable price for more than a week.  It doesn't.
Clothes would wash and dry themselves, fold or hang as necessary, and put themselves away.  They don't.
Chester's Fried Chicken wouldn't have salt.  It does.
People would drive with their lights on all the time.  They don't.
Hackers wouldn't mess up computers.  They do.
People who don't know me wouldn't have my phone number.  They do!
Gravity would be my friend.  It isn't.
In this absolutely imperfect world, I have a wife who not only loves me, she tolerates me.  I have food to eat, a house in which to live, a family that loves me unconditionally, friends that make the universe so much more interesting and entertaining, Dancing With the Stars, and the sure and perfect knowledge that imperfection is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment