Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Yesterday's motto--Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella...and You'll Probably Drown!

It doesn't happen often...Thank God!  Yesterday, following a night of minimal sleep/rest and awakening with a throbbing headache and knot in my shoulder (for which I am currently not allowed to take Vitamin A [Advil]) I packed my bags and took a trip to Pity City.  My eye was being bothersome.  I just plain hurt, and that miraculous substance called attitude took a trip south.  Nothing was right.  My sis came to look at apartments.  A Truly Good Thing.  She probably could have found the Taj Mahal for $250.00 a month and it wouldn't have pleased me!  And guess what?  It really doesn't matter what I think.  I just hope she's happy.  Then we went to play bridge.  I could do nothing right.  By some small miracle, we ended up in the middle of the pack, but that fortune had nothing to do with my playing.  Then it was another apartment--one that I thought was going to be perfect.  So obviously it wasn't.  How disappointing.  Supper time.  By now, I had traveled to Inner Pity City, so I asked Cathy to get Chester Chicken for supper.  Good taste and a little fat are always for me mood enhancers.  We called ahead.  We ordered fresh.  When she got home, I was ready for that first hot, juicy bite of chicken breast.  It wasn't hot.  It wasn't juicy.  It was a breast, but quite obviously it had been sitting there since I was 60 (a very long time ago)!  I called.  They apologized.  Said I could come and get fresh.  Yeah, right!  By that time, I wasn't going to let anyone ruin my snit!  Finally, time for the day to end.  I ensconced myself in my chair.  I found an interesting science fiction movie to watch.  I dozed.  The haunting music awoke me.  I dozed.  The music awoke me.  I was so far gone I couldn't even figure out to change the channel.  Something about finding the remote and pushing the button.  Finally, I said a few nasty words, found my way to the couch, plumped up several pillows to keep my head up, and drifted off to sleep...for a few minutes.  Silly me, I forgot to pee before I went to the couch.  Thankfully, I had enough sense to get up and do that!  Back to the couch.  Sleep.  Real.  Honest to God.  Sleep.  The dog even cooperated, only going out once during the night.  I went back to sleep.  I awoke at 5:00.  I peed.  (Who says 64 ounces of water a day is good for you?)  I went back to sleep.  I woke up.  No headache.  No knot.  Eye still sucks, but I can see!  Thankfully, some time during the night I was evicted from Pity City.  A haunting voice in my head kept repeating...attitude...attitude...attitude.  The eye will get better.  My sis will move to town.  Chester Chicken will be good again, and thank you god, I know where the remote is.  Again, Miss Lucy was spot on.  It's okay to visit Pity City (god knows why?) but don't move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment