Saturday, April 11, 2015

An intruder!!

I was somewhat chagrined this morning to find a strange man in our motel room.  His hair, what there was of it, was quite gray.  He was barely dressed, and I noticed that some of his fleshy parts were not what one would call toned, much less tight,  There was the suggestion of a belly (okay, the existence of!).  One would guess his age to be over sixty-five.  I decided to confront him, and when I did, I looked straight into his eyes. They were clear, and belied the physical.  There was a bit of devilment there..a bit of incredulity.  This was obviously a man who regretted the fact he had to grow older, but reveled in the fact he didn't have to grow up.  While it was quite obvious that gravity had not been his friend, he seemed not yet willing to give in.  Had I had the chance, I think we might have become friends, but as I left to get the manager to complain, he sneaked away.  It's just as well.  I think he was harmless...a little deranged, but harmless. Perhaps we shall meet again.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of mirrors in that motel room????? My laugh for the day/evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of mirrors in that motel room????? My laugh for the day/evening.

    ReplyDelete