Sunday, April 19, 2015

Eclectic

The absolute perfect day to clean the basement.  Not real warm.  A little damp.  A lot windy.  And somehow, it always needs it.  In fact, I believe as I was attacking the indoor outhouse we have down here, I may have found a spider that died of old age!  But as I work my way from west to east, there is an obvious difference between where I started and where I am, and this is a good thing.  Of course, none of this has anything to do with the title of this entry.  Years and years ago, I learned that everything goes better with music playing in the background.  Enter the title.  I just finished listening to the greatest hits of Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops.  The last song?  My favorite march in the entire world...Stars and Stripes.  All I need is the first few bars, and the smile on my face appears.  Then, and I am going to give away my age here, it was The Kingston Trio singing their hits.  Oh, how I miss folk music.  I was Riding the MTA with Tom Dooley, not giving a hoot for the Green Back Dollar while riding the Sloop John B.  And the smile grew!  Next, the soundtrack from The Music Man.  Oh, yes, we got trouble, right here in River City!  If you're keeping track, that's at least three hours of music, and I ain't done yet.  Next up?  Alan Jackson, and unfortunately I will probably get to Les Mis!  Find a pattern there, I dare you.  And yet, the time goes quickly, the feet tap often, and the smile while cleaning is a thing to see!  Now, it's off to my kitchen!  Know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment