Friday, April 17, 2015

Day is done

"There are times when there simply are not enough hours in the day." 
I wonder how often I said that when I teaching and coaching?  It seemed that one day simply led into another, and there was always more to be done than would fit in a 24 hour period.  Thinking back, it wasn't so bad.  I loved what I did.  I loved the people who shared it with me.  And somehow, it all managed to get done (okay, there were those odd days when correcting papers was not my priority, but I at least tried to get them back at some point in time!.  I can say that now because A] they can't fire me any more and B] I've spent all the money they paid me!)  Now, if I want to get up at 4:00 am and work on something, I can.  If I want to stay up late and read, I can.  If I don't...I don't.  And at the end of the day, my new mantra comes directly from Scarlett O'Hara.  "Tomorrow is another day."  And today...is done.  And if, at the end of my days, something has been left undone?  What are they going to do?  Take away my birthday?  Done!  Take time to enjoy each other.  Take time for you.  And know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment