Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mountains and molehills

Sometimes, I have the most amazing ability to reconfigure small, insignificant problems into consuming thoughts.  It's not what I would call one of my best talents.  Today was one of those days.  A situation arose that needed an attempt at resolution.  I tried.  I failed.  And it literally was no big deal.  Life in the universe will certainly not be adversely affected because of that failure.  In fact, with any luck at all, the problem will resolve itself without my expertise!  But now, at 1:15 in the morning, I'm still thinking of how I could have better dealt with the situation.  And it simply isn't worth the lack of sleep.  Like most things in my life, however, the mere telling of the problem has already made it less significant.  Didn't know you were such amazing psychoanalysts, did you?  An interesting turn of the concept, the power of the pen!  So off to sleep.  Thanks for the session, and know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment