Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A double take

I was working on a Facebook post...called it a study in yellow.  Five different flowers all blooming...all capturing the sun's essence.  There was the primrose, the Asiatic lily, the day lily, the field of Sun Drops, and the portulaca.  On my way in to process the wealth, I happened to stop by a planter near the house...an insignificant collection of left-overs--dahlias, miniature zinnias--and there on the end, nestled quietly in the corner, was this beauty!  It was the first time I had seen it.  Quietly and unassumingly existing in the shadow of the taller, more "majestic" flowers.  More majestic?  I think not.  What vibrancy of color.  What ability to elicit wonder and awe.  Sometimes, as the song in Nunsense says, "it's not the biggest drum" that captures the breathtaking awe.  It's the quiet ones.  You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment