Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sometimes, it just hits you

I'm sitting in the front porch.  The puzzle is done.  The coffee is consumed.  And I look out the front door.  The maple trees are full and a startling shade of green.  The planters reach toward the morning sun, their tendrils swaying in the light breeze.  The flag, a subtle reminder of why we are able to enjoy this view, moves just enough to add color to this backdrop.  I look around me at the house that sturdily provides us comfort and shelter.  And sitting with me, the woman I love.  The hamburger is thawing, for this is obvious a grilling kind of day.  And I realize, I may be the luckiest man in the world!  May your Sunday provide you with everything you need, and at least one thing you want, and the wisdom to know two things:  the difference between these two things, and the fact that you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that most often, it is the simplest things reminding us how good we've got? I am glad you are part of my good. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete