Friday, June 21, 2013

breakfast run

Headed down Broadway--destination--two fold.  She wants a chicken and potato burrito.  He wants a caramel roll.  The Neon knows the way to get both!  The radio is cranked (as much as this old fart can stand it) and out comes Bruce Springsteen (at least, it sounded like Bruce Springsteen) telling me "those were the best years of my life" and of course, my first thought was how depressing!  Now, don't get me wrong.  There have been good years, amazing years, phenomenal years, and "they were so good we can't talk about them" years.  But to think that what lies ahead is only downhill?  Really?  While gravity is obviously not my friend, and the synapses are just a tad slower, I really believe the best is yet to come!  There are places I've never been.  There are people I've never met.  There are things yet to be learned.  There are friends to be enjoyed, thunderstorms to amaze, and food screaming to be tested!  Let's change those lyrics just a bit--tensewise--and realize, by choice, THESE ARE the best years of my life!  And to prove it, here's why...You ARE Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment