Monday, June 24, 2013

preparation

Once a teacher.... Tomorrow, I get to demonstrate brunch as the resident chef at Hy-Vee!  I even have a badge with my name on it!  (Try to contain your enthusiasm and amazement!)  That means this was a shopping morning. Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to turn me loose with someone else's money in a grocery store?  I try to be good, but, there are just things that jump into my cart, and once there, it must be rude to put them back, yes?  This class was originally scheduled for the day before Mother's Day, but we didn't get enough learners to have it go.  Sometime about timing?!  Anyhow, upon completion of the "lesson", the participants will be able to make (and taste!) curried chicken salad, dill casserole bread, broccoli and bacon salad with a balsamic dressing, butter and cream scones (some with craisins and pecans), and lemon meringue pie for dessert!  Of course, there will be the obligatory fudge, but the flavor is yet to be determined.  Perhaps peppermint, or Andes mint chocolate.  We'll see what comes out of the pan tonight!  Apparently I'm channeling Chad Foster's advice and following my passion.  You should too!  Know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment