Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ain't what it used to was

Following a day of mowing, planting, weeding, and eating, I took a vote and it was unanimous.  The hips voted;  they ain't what they used to was.  Getting up from the ground is now a challenge.  Of course, the good news is I got down without falling, so I count my blessings.  The thumb voted.  Well, it ain't what it used to was, either.  Arthritis residually  lets me know I pulled the grass that was growing where it was not wanted.  Stubborn stuff, that grass.  Can't understand why some people want to legalize it?!  The knees voted.  They abstained.  Surprisingly, they are good.  Makes the aforementioned challenge doable.  But they didn't want to press their luck.  The teeth voted.  The three molars in the upper left quadrant on the top cast absentee ballots.  They ain't even there!  Know what is there?  The smile at being able to do what I can.  The amazement at what things look like after the work.  The absolute joy of another day with the people I love.  Truly, it ain't what it used to was.  It's better in so many ways.  And you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the gentle reminder to appreciate what we can and what we have as the focus rather than the what we can't and what we don't have. Hugs to you and your lovely side-kick!

    ReplyDelete