Monday, September 21, 2015

The Yin and Yang

Truly, a gorgeous September day.  Warm.  Breezy.  So much so, the air conditioner is running.  Cool.  Literally.  Unfortunately, preparing for the Drama Study Club dinner tomorrow evening, I need to proof some sourdough bread.  It needs a warm place.  Can't set it outside.  Can't kill the yeast in the oven.  Solution.  Turn the electric heat up in the bathroom and shut the door.  72 delightful degrees in most of the house.  85 in the bathroom!  It gives me cause to pause.  Isn't that what life is all about?  Finding the comfort level for the most part, but getting a little heat occasionally!  So far, I've been lucky.  While the heat at times has been uncomfortable, the end result has often been positive.  Too much of the same just doesn't cut it.  Especially if you want good bread!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bill, I have used my heating pad to thaw out and raise frozen buns, it takes a couple of hours, if I start at 3 I can put in the oven by 5 or 5:30.

    ReplyDelete