Monday, April 20, 2015

Pride

I have been proud of children.  I have been proud of my profession.  I am always proud of my wife.  Today, I was extremely proud of an organization to which I belong.  It was my pleasure this afternoon to present two checks totaling $1500 to a Watertown elementary teacher to help her reach her goal of improving herself!  The local retired teachers association selected her as their $500 scholarship recipient.  The South Dakota Retired Teachers' Association presented her with a check of $1000.  Both are designed to help her become an even better teacher.  What joy to look at a deserving professional and be of assistance!  Our motto?  To serve, not be served!  But today, I was served up with a generous amount of pride!  If I have to break the motto, I can think of no better way.  Congratulations Teresa Remmers!  Know that you, like all my readers, are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment