Sunday, April 26, 2015

What to wear

This week, we head to Ft. Pierre for the state retired teachers' convention.  As president elect, I'm sure I am supposed to set an example of professional sartorial selection.  Oops.  When I retired, I also retired my pss.  For me, it's about sweat pants when it's winter and shorts when it's not.  It's not.  Come Tuesday, as I greet the conveners, I will be clad in a florescent orange shirt and black shorts.  (At least the Huron people and the Ipswich people will be impressed!).  I may condescend to stoop so low as to put on long pants for the banquet, but if you're thinking tie, you're thinking wrong!  It's old man casual for me--long sleeved shirt that doesn't require tucking and eschews neck adornment!  Wednesday, well, the shorts will be gray and the shirt?  Neon green.  There's something to be said about being fashion forward.  And believe me, I've said it all.  Comfort for me.  Color for me.  Did I mention comfort?  It sure makes packing easier!  Visualize if you must, but know you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment