Monday, July 21, 2014

The odor...discovered

It was a bad news good news discovery.  Let me take you back.  We had a leak around the chimney.  Since we no longer used the chimney for the heating system, it was easiest just to remove the chimney from the roof and cover the hole.  Problem solved.  Then, the smell.  Couldn't figure it out.  Called the plumber.  Not an air conditioner problem...but the smell was worse when the a/c ran.  Not the chimney.  Carpenter checked and chimney in attic was contained and clean.  Hmmmmmm!  Today, carpenter continues search and goes to the basement.  Turns the corner and discovers the gas hot water heater is vented directly guessed it...the closed off chimney!  We figure we're amazingly lucky to be alive!  Here's the rub.  That's the good news!  The bad news is we now have a brand spanking new ELECTRIC hot water heater.  Pocketbook bad news, but at least we are here to spend it!  I guess I can no longer say that stinks!  Have a fresh air kind of day and know you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the mystery has been solved. A 'spendy' solution, but no excuses now (your demise) for not continuing to expound almost daily. I am now caught up and enjoyed them all. Thanks for your daily musings.