Friday, September 26, 2014

It's an ostrich kind of day

I'm headed for Menards,, the latest tune on the radio resonating in my head, and the news comes on.  Someone was beheaded, and the perpetrator shot.  Someone set fire to an airport building.  Someone was arrested for assault.  I turned the radio off.  What was an anticipatory mood turned into a holy crap mood.  And I wanted to bury my head in the sand.  If it doesn't directly affect me (no one has attacked me or set me on fire), I can ignore it, right?  Wrong!  I buy into the fact that if we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem.  So here's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to go out of my way to be nice to people.  I'm going to listen more and talk less.  I'm going to model the behavior I would expect from everyone else.  And I'm going to let people know they are loved.  Perhaps we can adjust "The Circle of Life" (the tune on the radio!).

No comments:

Post a Comment